We first spoke about Markdown in general to try to have a better idea about it. The purpose of Markdown is:
- provide a good HTML output;
- be easy to read.
Initial list of questions/topics
- Version control: e.g.
- how to facilitate "track changes" with MD — collaboration?
- how does Markdown support collaboration?
- everything with 3 settings: private, group, world
- critic Markup for annotations, comments
- comments (good for supervising/collaborative work)
Main questions discussed
Which needs for Markdown support collaboration?
- version control
- settings: private, group
Which collaborative environment to use for Markdown?
- Google Docs: good to find papers, take notes on a given document together, good for version control
- Github: solves the problem of software community development
- Gitlab: enables posts on a wall, privacy settings, Wikis… etc
Other suggestions: Markdown template for formatting (CSS).